Another year gone by! 2021 was a big year for me. I graduated college!!! It’s so crazy that something I have been working for so long finally happened. I remember when I was younger and people told me I would be “Class of 2021” in college and it seemed so far away. Anything in the “20’s” seemed like forever into the future. But 2021 finally came and went. And now, onto 2022! As we start another new year, I want to reflect back on all the highlights and amazing memories of 2021. This was a big year of growth for me in so many ways and I can’t wait to see what the next year brings.
- Lots of travels naturally (Vegas, Disney x3, Panama City Beach, Denver, Knoxville, Charlotte, Boston, San Diego)
- Texas winter storm
- Senior pictures x2
- Summer Externship in St.Louis, Missouri!
- Bridesmaid in my 2nd wedding (yay Sarah ❤ )
- I turned 23!!!!
- Completed the #75Hard Challenge
- Graduated nursing school!!!!!!
- Started off the year on a trip to Vegas with my mom! We had the best time and I finally got to jump of the stratosphere like the crazy person I am
- Took a trip to Florida right before the semester started to see my grandparents & visit Disney World
- Started my S1 (1st semester senior year) semester of nursing school
- Trip to Wimberly with Emily to stay in a tinyhouse airbnb
- First clinical rotation of adult health in S1
- Meg came to visit me in Austin and we did so much around the city including a trip to Fredricksburg
- Valentine’s festivities including V-day themed photoshoot with my spokesmodels & girls night with my friends
- SNOVID aka Snowpocalypse aka The Winter Storm that rocked everybody’s world! Luckily for us, our apartment was on the same power grid as a hospital so we never lost power and only lost water for 1-2 days. We got off of school for 7 days and it was one of the craziest things I experienced. It was fun sledding on campus and seeing the students going crazy because of the snow
- Senior pictures with Kapple Photography with my bestie, Emily!
- Spring break in Panama City Beach, FL
- Austin adventures (Zilker Park, Banger’s Sausage House, Irene’s)
- Celebrating Easter in Dallas with the fam
- Lots of photoshoots
- Celebrating Emily’s 22nd Birthday
- Girls trip to Denver, Colorado
- Getting to see my friend Hannah get engaged!
- Final photoshoot for my senior spokesmodel team! So thankful to these 3 girls for taking a chance with me and allowing me to become a better photographer. I’m so proud of all they’ve accomplished!
- Christian Students seniors dinner
- Moved out of my Austin apartment that I called home for 3 years
- Moved to St.Louis, Missouri to work as a nurse extern at Barnes Jewish Hospital in obstetric triage! Still can’t believe I had this amazing opportunity and I loved every second of my summer in STL and at BJH
- Continued exploring all the fun places in St.Louis (Go Cardinals!)
- Learned so much in my externship
- Quick trip to Hermann, MO wineries with my roomie
- My parents came to STL to visit and I loved showing them around!
- Went to the USA Gymnastics Olympic Trials (what an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity, so glad we decided to go!)
- 2 new ear piercings (finally!)
- Got to spend 4th of July weekend at Lake of the Ozarks with my roomies and we had the best time!
- Scotty McCreery concert in downtown STL
- My final few shifts of my externship, it was so bitter-sweet to leave
- Last Cards game of my time living in STL
- Faith came to visit and drive back to Texas with me
- Back working at Camp Longhorn for 2 weeks as a camp nurse
- Moved into my new Austin apartment for my final semester of college
- All the wedding festivities for Sarah’s wedding in Knoxville, TN
- 1st day of my S2 (final semester) of nursing school!
- First Austin FC game
- Disney World weekend trip for my 23rd birthday with Faith for Food & Wine Festival!
- 23rd birthday celebrations with friends & fam
- Started the #75Hard Challenge!
- Weekend trip to Charlotte, NC
- UT football games (hook ’em horns!!)
- Museum of Ice Cream in the Domain
- USA vs Jamaica USMNT soccer game in Austin
- UT vs OU weekend + state fair in Dallas!
- More UT football + Carson came to visit Austin for the weekend
- Pumpkin patch with the girls
- Home in Dallas for the weekend for Jonas brothers concert with Faith, Addison’s soccer game, & dad’s birthday
- Em came to Austin to visit + iHeartCountry Music Festival with Salym & Mer
- Last day of clinicals ever!!! (Besides our final capstone class where we are just in the unit of our choice)
- Decided to take a trip to Boston by myself because I wanted to travel and I had a few days off and it turned into the best trip! (Check out the blog post all about my Boston trip here)
- Took some more senior photos in my scrubs
- Fun activities in Austin with the sweetest friends (Nurse Blake comedy show with Salym, kickboxing class with Chili & Angela, goat yoga with NCF peeps, Friendsgiving with my CSOC community group, Shelby’s 21st birthday party, Mozart’s Christmas light show with NCF)
- First day of my capstone in Labor & Delivery!
- Thanksgiving in Houston with the best family in the world
- Graduated nursing school!!!!! I had the best weekend walking the stage and celebrating with all my friends and family. I couldn’t have done it without all their support ❤
- My bestie Faith graduated with her Master’s the weekend after me!
- Celebrated sweet friends in Austin (Anna & Grace’s 21st birthday + Alysia’s baby shower)
- Allllll the Christmas festivites (Christmas celebration in Dallas with my family and then in San Diego with Faith’s family)
- Disney World once again with Faith a few days before Christmas (we are officially season pass holders!)
- Cut my hair & died it darker (new year, new hair, new me???)
- And finally to end this insane year, New Years Eve festivities ❤
And that’s a wrap on 2021!!! One of the craziest and most eventful years of my life for sure. I cannot wait to see what 2022 brings and the way God continues to work in my life and in my heart.
Texan On The Go